Wood pellet mill is a very popular new biomass energy equipment, which is used to produce wood pellets. The finished products of the machine are usually used in biomass power generation, boilers, fireplaces, etc., they can reduce the use of coal and protect the environment.
Raw materials of wood pellet mill
Wood pellets are usually made of various kinds of wood as raw materials, including bamboo, birch, poplar, fruitwood and so on. In addition, waste straw is also used as raw material. The raw materials are crushed, dried, screened, granulated, cooled, and other processes, and then left to become wood chip pellets.
Working principle of wood pellet making machine
When the wood pellet mill is working, the biomass raw material falls vertically to the inlet, and after the rotation of the press wheel, the material is continuously evenly distributed on the surface of the inner cavity of the die. Then the sawdust will pass through the holes on the die under the pressure of the press roller. In this process, the material is subjected to high pressure and high temperature, which makes the material form cylindrical granules. Finally the granules will be cut off by the broken knife, and the granules will be discharged from the outlet.
application of wood pellet mill Final Products
- Civil heating: wood pellets are commonly used for home heating, and the pellets are easy to store, easy to use, safe and sanitary.
- Biomass industrial boiler: wood pellets as the main fuel for industrial boilers can replace coal, heavy oil and natural gas to solve environmental pollution, and at the same time solve the problem of energy shortage.
- Power generation: wood pellets can be used as fuel for thermal power generation. Every 10,000 tons of burning biomass fuel can replace 0.8 million tons of coal, which greatly reduces the emission of harmful gases.
Parameters of wood pellet mill
The models of wood pellet mill used in different degrees of wood chips are also different. The wood pellet mill produced by Shuliy Machinery is divided into 380, 450, 560, and other models according to the output, and the power of different models of wood pellet making machine varies.
|Model||Capacity (t/h)||Power (kw)|
Wood pellet making machine display
Features of wood pellet machine
- The wood pellet making machine has a compact structure and reasonable design. It adopts a vertical feeding method and the material is directly in place. The granulator is equipped with an automatic timing refueling system to ensure 24-hour continuous production of the equipment.
- The wood pellet machine has a high molding rate and adopts an independent variable frequency discharge device to effectively ensure the molding rate of pellets.
- The mold design is ingenious, the mold is made of two layers, the upper and lower use, which can adjust the cost down and raise the production efficiency. In addition, the die adopts a vertical structure, which is conducive to the heat dissipation and cooling of the pelleting chamber.
- The wood pellet mill has a low maintenance cost, easy to operate, and the pellet material forming effect and output can be controlled throughout.
Recommended wood pellet production line
In general, a complete production line is required to produce wood pellets. The technology for pellet production includes the following steps: crushing, drying, pelletizing, cooling and packaging. The following displays the wood pellet production line designed by the Shuliy Group.
Making sawdust: The wood shredder is used to make wood chips, the size of which can be adjusted by changing different screens. Shuliy Machinery provides different wood-crushing machines, customers can choose one according to their demands.
Drying sawdust: Because fresh wood chips are rich in moisture, if used directly to pelletize the finished product is easy to deform and mold, so they should be dried with wood chips dryer before pelletizing, usually, the appropriate moisture content of raw materials should be 12-17%.
Making wood pellets: Shuliy Machinery offers two types of wood pellet mills, including flat die wood pellet mills and ring die pellet mills. Generally, the vertical ring die pellet mill is larger and more suitable for making biomass fuel.
Cooling wood pellets: In the final stage of pellet production, a cooling machine is applied. The use of this cooler machine enables the temperature of the pellets to be reduced from 80-90°C to room temperature.